15 October 2009

Back to Hong Kong

Over the last week I had the privilege to attend the Eddie Adams Workshop in upstate New York. To say it was incredible would be a drastic understatement, as there is nothing out there that can compare to it.

The people I met, both students and pro's at the top of their field, were such an inspiration. What I learned from them is beyond comprehension and will most likely take weeks, if not months to fully process.

I would like to sincerely thank all of the sponsors of the workshop, the editors and photographers who took time out of their busy schedules, my fellow students and everyone else who made this once-in-a-lifetime experience possible.



The workshop was the single reason why I went back to the States after this summer and it was worth every single bit. Above is an iPhone picture from the window of the plane I took to my new life as an expat shortly after the end of EAW XXII. From the workshop and New York I got on a plane to Hong Kong and slept for 14 of the 16 hour flight. This was somewhere over Siberia.

To everyone else who had the opportunity to go to EAW, I hope that you had as good a time as I did. You are all truly inspirational and I hope to keep in touch with all of you. Thanks for making it such a great experience.

No comments: