10 November 2009

Through the Viewfinder (TtV)



A little more creative dabbling on a project I started a couple of years ago while attending school in the state of Wyoming, USA. Its commonly referred to as TtV, or "Through the Viewfinder" photography and is rather enjoyable. Basically, take any tlr (twin lens reflex) camera and use your digital camera to take a picture of the viewfinder. Most people use something cheap like a Yashika or Kodak made of almost all plastic and with horrible optics and picture quality, but I prefer to use my trusty old Mamiya C330 tlr (I still use it with film occasionally and the negatives, scans and prints are beyond beautiful) The ground glass viewfinder on the Mamiya is gigantic and incredibly bright, which is always a pleasure to see.

The image in the viewfinder is actually in color, but since I always load b&w film into it I found this to be a little more appropriate.

No comments: